Do you ever wonder how it feels like to have natural-looking teeth again? If using dentures for the rest of your life irritates you and makes you uneasy, other options are available. So, if you are looking for tooth restoration that looks, functions, and feels just like your natural teeth, Tooth implants are the best cosmetic and practical solution for you.
Here is everything you need to know about dental implants and how they work?
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is the replacement tooth roots that provide a strong foundation for fixed (permanent) or removable replacement teeth. Implants always match the patient’s natural teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many benefits to dental implants, including:
- Improved Comfort-Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures. They also do not require adhesives, which can be painful and irritating to the gums.
- Easier Eating-Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Tooth implants function like your natural teeth, making it easier to eat and digest food. This can improve your overall nutrition and help you get the most out of your meals.
- Improved Appearance- Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth. Their design fuses with the bone, which makes them permanent, and this gives you the confidence to smile, knowing that your teeth will not slip or move.
- Improved Speech-The teeth can slip within the mouth, causing you to mumble or slur your words with poor-fitting dentures. But teeth implants permit you to speak without worrying that teeth might slip, improving your overall communication and making it easier for others to understand you.
- Durability- Implants are very durable, and with good care, they can last a lifetime.
- Convenience- Unlike removable dentures, dental implants don’t need to be taken out and put in every day. And unlike bridges, you don’t have to worry about taking special care of the teeth around them.
- Improved Self-esteem-Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved Oral Health-Unlike a tooth-supported bridge, Tooth implants don’t need to reduce other teeth because nearby teeth are not altered to brace the implant. It makes more of your teeth left intact, which improves long-term oral health. Dental implants also help improve oral hygiene by allowing easy access between teeth.
How do Dental Implants work?
You should prefer dental implants if you’re missing one or more teeth and don’t consider having a bridge or full or partial dentures. Also, make sure to ask the dentist whether you are a fit candidate for dental implants.
A dental implant offers a more natural tooth replacement than dentures because they’re artificial teeth directly attached to the jawbone. Besides missing teeth, you must be in good health to benefit from Teeth implants. It would help if you also had a fully developed and healthy jawbone because healthy gums and a healthy jawbone support the implants.
Dental Implants Procedure
The dental implant procedure occurs either at a hospital under general anesthesia or at the dentist’s office under local anesthesia. This depends on your particular dental health needs and the required amount of surgery. This dental implants Procedure can take several months to complete and involves the following three phases:
- Placing the Implant: Firstly, the patient undergoes a surgery that places the implant in their jaw, covering it over with gum tissue and allowing it to integrate into the jawbone for four to six months.
- Attaching the Post: The dentist will attach a post to the dental implant and the gum tissue to allow it to grow up around it, and in some cases, the implant & post are placed simultaneously. But the combination implant & post serve as an anchor for the replacement tooth, whether or not they are placed simultaneously.
- Crown Attachment: The dentist will finally attach a customized crown to the implant post.
For Best Dental Implants in Norwood, MN, Contact Norwood Dental Today!
In the United States, dental implants are the most common tooth replacement procedure. From the initial consultation to getting a brand new tooth, the process of dental implants is not an easy job.
The dental implant process is not frightening and painful as most people might think. However, it still requires some planning ahead of time so that the implant surgery can occur when the opportunity arises.
The dental implant procedure is complicated, and at times it can be challenging to understand its steps. This is why you should know where to go if you need Teeth implants with proper care. We at Norwood Dental offer comprehensive dental services, including dental implants that fit your budget and give you complete confidence making your smile look great after the treatment.
So, to learn more about our range of treatments, contact us today!